Jade Rollers - are they really as good as all the hype?
If you’re interested in wellbeing and skincare, you will probably have seen jade rollers pop up on your social media feeds. They have a beautiful immediate appeal, often used by beauty influencers to create incredible visual content. We all want to know… what do they do and are they any good?
As a skincare specialist and holistic health practitioner, I tend to focus on natural skincare and how we can help our skin and wellbeing without introducing chemicals, synthetics and invasive procedures. There’s no doubt that people are skeptical of natural solutions, worrying that they won’t give great results, but these little beauties might just change your mind!
- Stimulates circulation and relaxes facial muscles, helping to smooth skin tone
- Soothing for the skin, reducing puffiness and inflammation
- Stimulates lymphatic drainage, detoxifying the skin and promoting a healthy glow
- Cools and calms, a real tonic for a sore head
Suggestions for use
- Use to apply and smooth facial serums to give an even, illuminating coverage
- Roll around the eye area in the morning to reduce puffiness
- Use before bed to stimulate lymphatic drainage (especially good for allergy sufferers, or those with blocked or inflamed sinuses)
- Incorporate into your bedtime routine as a little ritual of selfcare, a moment of relaxation and mindfulness
- Feeling a bit under the weather? The cooling sensation from a jade roller can help to soothe headaches (even if they are self-inflicted from a few too many the evening before!)
How to use
- Start with the neck and roll upwards in sections towards the jaw line with a light pressure
- Roll either side of the face along the jawline towards the ear
- Apply a slightly firmer pressure and roll the cheek and chin area in different directions, up and down and side to side
- Use the smaller end of the roller to circle the delicate eye area lightly
- Move roller side to side and up and down over the forehead once again using a medium pressure
Always apply a pressure that is comfortable and go gently and carefully around the eye area. Jade rollers are made of natural crystal and are cool to the touch at room temperature, for an extra boost you can pop your jade roller in the fridge and enjoy a wonderful cooling facial experience.
This handy beauty tool has lots of great benefits, if you suffer from puffiness, headaches or are looking for something special to apply your serums in your skincare routine, then this is for YOU!
However, be wary of claims that they can roll away wrinkles or have any effect on skin pigmentation. I am sorry to tell you that they wont help you to roll back the clock and reveal younger skin, but they might give your skin a bit of a pick me up and a fresher appearance.
Some of our favourite things about this product… not only is it totally natural but it is eco-friendly, reusable and is an incredibly attractive beauty tool for your bathroom or dressing table.
I personally started using jade rollers when I did my facial acupuncture training to reduce redness after treatment and they REALLY do work. I've been desperate to create a letterbox set which included them, so if you want to give one a go, our ‘Brightening Eye Kit’ is only £16, including refining eye gel and collagen eye masks. They also make a lovely gift, in fact we also include Jade rollers in our ‘Mum to be / New mum Hampers’ (they are a firm favourite for new mums when sleep is rare!)
A final note is that you may notice a huge difference in price for Jade rollers, as long as your roller is made of 100% natural Jade and is well made, then there really is no need to pay a huge amount of money for them. We carefully source and price all of our sets to bring you great quality at an affordable price, making it accessible for all!